Nek Salleh Bin Daim

Nek Salleh Bin Daim

An Old Photo

An Old Photo
Sitting down from left to right 2nd: Zainab bte Wahab, Hajah Salamah, Hajah Hapipah bte Dagul (Latahim bte Tongkang), Hajah Lauyah, Hajah Halimah (writer's mother). Standing up from left to right: Hj. Wahab, Abdullah, Hj Abdul Hamid, Hj Abdul Karim

13 September 2012

Chapter 4: Life Goes On


These were the times where my children entered secondary school and there after began their collage life. I got burned out and there I look for premature retirement. I thought of doing some gardening while my wife tried the tailoring business. I got called out by a logging company, with a very ambitious ‘taukey’.

At the end of the day the ‘taukey’ and his brothers get richer and become millionaires while I got broke and had to sell my house to prolong the reminder part of my life. It was a miscalculation on my part and almost fatal to my family. In searched of adventure, I got lost and see little of my growing up children. There was no balance and less consideration.

Now it begins again now and then, I guess this feature is part of my life. We used to study history so as to study past events and understood them. Then we could try to avoid from making similar mistakes. But we have little control of our life.

Working on timbers as the common saying goes, “has its price”. Some paid with their lives. It is like being cursed. My late ‘taukey’ eldest brother as the story said lost his life while logging in Tinkayu, and my late boss lost his too while chasing his dream for a bigger timber area and he passed away due to heart problems. With luck one got fast money but at the end of the day may lost all, like leaves of trees, falling when they aged or due to changing weather.

“Whatever, easy come, easy goes”, as people used to say. Nothing is easy any way, and life must go on, and we make whatever changes necessary.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment