I had to stop for a while; and I have to catch
up again. I stopped writing because of the shock of losing an old friend, Mr.
Chok Yun Lin who was in a way responsible in changing part of my lifestyle and
thinking; and honestly he was responsible for supporting my children entering
university.
Now
three of my children graduated from their universities. One, a daughter Siti
Juliana is a consultant civil engineer and her younger brother is a building
surveyor. Another daughter Siti Suharijan whom I used to call Jeng graduated with Degree in Marketing and Diploma in Property Management and I hope she can be a valuer. At this point of time she is doing Master in Business Administration in UTM Skudai,
Johor. She is the first to break my record with a 3.86 GPA. I could only
manage a 3.50 CGPA while doing my first degree but I am a “Magnacum” graduate
and used to be honored as one.
But
whatever, I am no where in comparison to all of my family members in
intelligent. My loving wife Joyita is too brilliant to point out. She corrects
my English all the way. Don is too quiet. Perhaps when I am not around he will
take over and show his colors. The most brilliant as I calculated should be Edy
Johariyz who touch and played with computer since age six. I hope to see the
best of him. But Eddie Zulkarnain is the one I feared; for a very good reason.
He spoke few words and he will eventually walk a long way. Perhaps one day he
will get his doctorate, and I will pray for him as I always do for my other
children and those of my blood. To be a scholar is far better than to be a
leader. But life is so difficult to be laid on a path as often the path have so
many cross roads, and at times I like to use calculations to know how much I
will make or lost. Those were the decisions I made but having different
outcomes, but anyway all turned out as a wonderful and colorful life, with no
regrets from my part.
No comments:
Post a Comment